- An interest or concern that occupies a large part of someone’s time and effort: football remained their ruling passionMore example sentences
- Deborah happily took up a supporting role to his ruling passion, but, when she recalls her husband's compulsive, workaholic schedule of those years, she appears to be searching for clues to his impending crisis.
- Science or not, astrology will continue to engage all Indians, and many who are not Indians too, and it has become the ruling passion of Muthkur, a bachelor in his sixties, to keep on proving himself right.
- The peculiar and preponderant fact that marks those ages as its own is the equality of condition; the ruling passion of men in those periods is the love of this equality.
More definitions of ruling passionDefinition of ruling passion in:
- The US English dictionary