- Used to refer to the process by which rumours and gossip are originated and circulated among a group of people: the Washington rumour mill has been in overdrive ever since she gave in her notice this assurance has failed to stop the rumour mill as club officials continue to examine all their options surrounding the future of the clubMore example sentences
- Even self-obsessed pop stars didn't want the rumour mill to overshadow their music.
- Meanwhile, the election rumour mill is working overtime.
- During times of business uncertainty, the rumor mill turns faster than ever, often resulting in lower employee productivity.
More definitions of rumour millDefinition of rumour mill in:
- The US English dictionary