A person who spreads rumours.
- A list of six names was compiled by the gossips and rumour-mongers of Belgravia, among them key figures from high society - aristocracy, government ministers and film stars.
- The rumour-mongers have portrayed me as a hard-bitten political adventuress devoid of all human feeling.
- What will these crazy rumour-mongers think of next?
- Example sentences
- It is useless to hide the facts or deny the truth - this creates the environment for rumour-mongering to flourish, analysts said.
- It used to be that we had to wait until an election year for negative campaigning, rumor-mongering, mud-slinging, and win-at-all-cost consultants.
- Much of what they passed off as political analysis was little better than rumor-mongering and garbage-peddling.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: rumour-monger
Definition of rumour-monger in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.