Definition of rumour-monger in English:
A person who spreads rumours.
- A list of six names was compiled by the gossips and rumour-mongers of Belgravia, among them key figures from high society - aristocracy, government ministers and film stars.
- The rumour-mongers have portrayed me as a hard-bitten political adventuress devoid of all human feeling.
- What will these crazy rumour-mongers think of next?
- Example sentences
- It is useless to hide the facts or deny the truth - this creates the environment for rumour-mongering to flourish, analysts said.
- It used to be that we had to wait until an election year for negative campaigning, rumor-mongering, mud-slinging, and win-at-all-cost consultants.
- Much of what they passed off as political analysis was little better than rumor-mongering and garbage-peddling.
Definition of rumour-monger in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan