- Relating to or denoting a kind of tyre which does not deflate after puncturing.More example sentences
- But, in partial compensation, the ride comfort stays intact over most bumps despite standard-fit run-flat tyres (there is no spare wheel) which have stiffer sidewalls than normal tyres.
- My test car rode smoothly over bumps, too, despite its hefty wheels and run-flat tyres.
- It feels fantastic on the road at any speed and generates an impressive 0.9 g's on a skidpad on Michelin ZP high-performance run-flat tires.
nounBack to top
- A run-flat tyre.More example sentences
- These asymmetrical tread pattern tires are not run-flats like those used on Corvette coupes and convertibles and therefore have more compliant sidewalls, resulting in superior handling and ride characteristics.
- The bespoke alloy wheels with their 205 / 40R18 Dunlop run-flats save two kg per corner, while the alloy rear trailing arms take a total of seven kg out of the cars unsprung weight.
- Three suppliers competed for the C6 tire business, and Goodyear's Extended Mobility run-flats won.