Definition of runabout in English:
1A small car or light aircraft, especially one used for short journeys.
- It's a meeting at great temperature between a city runabout and an army Jeep.
- The Smarts are built by Mercedes Benz and they are supposed to be town cars, little runabouts, and not designed for the wide open highways.
- Designed as a city runabout, the two-door hatchback is shorter and narrower than a Maruti 800 and can just accommodate two adults and two children.
1.1North American A small motor boat.
- Most runabouts and ski boats have swim platforms that invite people to linger there at the same time it hides the exhaust outlet.
- Maxum makes a line of sporty runabouts, deck boats and shapely curved cruisers and yachts from 18-42 feet.
- Though more than 300 miles from the coast, spots along the Colorado such as Lake Havasu are a Mecca for Californians who love go-fast boats, runabouts and water sports.
Words that rhyme with runaboutwalkabout • turnabout
Definition of runabout in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.