Definition of runabout in English:
1A small car or light aircraft, especially one used for short journeys.
- It's a meeting at great temperature between a city runabout and an army Jeep.
- The Smarts are built by Mercedes Benz and they are supposed to be town cars, little runabouts, and not designed for the wide open highways.
- Designed as a city runabout, the two-door hatchback is shorter and narrower than a Maruti 800 and can just accommodate two adults and two children.
1.1North American A small motor boat.
- Most runabouts and ski boats have swim platforms that invite people to linger there at the same time it hides the exhaust outlet.
- Maxum makes a line of sporty runabouts, deck boats and shapely curved cruisers and yachts from 18-42 feet.
- Though more than 300 miles from the coast, spots along the Colorado such as Lake Havasu are a Mecca for Californians who love go-fast boats, runabouts and water sports.
Words that rhyme with runaboutwalkabout • turnabout
Definition of runabout in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan