Definition of runaround in English:
1 (the runaround) Deceitful or evasive treatment: they are being given the runaround by the Defence Ministry
More example sentences
- Fair Go (TV1, Wednesday, 7.30 pm) is back for its 27th year to help out Kiwis who have been ripped off, short-changed or given the runaround.
- He asked the US government agencies and got the runaround.
- But they ended up being given the runaround for seven days because Salford council didn't know whether it was their job to remove the vandalism at Barr Hill on Bolton Road, or the government's.
- Disembarking from boat or plane, the air is crystal-clear and as fresh as it was before SUVs became everyday runarounds in the States.
- On the street, furious women in sunglasses slam the doors of all-terrain runarounds and march into little boutiques that sell what used to be called ‘notions’: comedy alarm clocks, executive desk ornaments and potpourri.
- The move from brute power to one of the most fashionable and urbane runarounds on the road isn't as bizarre as it sounds, he insists.
Words that rhyme with runaroundturnaround • ultrasound
Definition of runaround in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.