- 1The moving parts of a machine, especially the wheels, steering, and suspension of a vehicle.More example sentences
- The running gear features torsion bar suspension with hydraulic shock absorbers at one, two and six road wheel stations and tracks with rubber-metallic pin hinges.
- The running gear has torsion bar suspension with an adjustable damping system and automatic block mechanism without stabilising spades.
- Thanks to the excellence of the new Fiesta platform, suspension and running gear, the Fusion has fine road behaviour.
- 1.1The moving rope and tackle used in handling a boat.More example sentences
- I started off by baiting a swim about 13 ft from the bank in about 4ft of water before casting my pole tackle on running gear into the swim.
- The keel is cut away aft for installation of the propeller and rudder and protects the running gear from damage by accidental grounding.
- I use these with a running line to get the sensitivity of the pole rig but with the advantages of running gear when playing fish.
More definitions of running gearDefinition of running gear in:
- The US English dictionary