(also running headline)
- A heading printed at the top of each page of a book or chapter.More example sentences
- I suggest to the series editor that, for future volumes, the chapter number and brief title be a running head for the end notes.
- The title for the third section, ‘Hymns and Spiritual Songs,’ is derived from the running head of the book.
- It seems that students don't always see the beauty or utility of running heads or hanging indents.
More definitions of running headDefinition of running head in:
- The US English dictionary