Definition of running lights in English:
1 another term for navigation lights.
- The team headed out in total darkness - no running lights, no navigation lights - only night vision goggles and the glow of phosphorescent plankton in their bow wake to guide them.
- Hunter's plight was reported to the Coast Guard who promptly put out a radio broadcast of a dog sailing north ‘without running lights.’
- The craft had a triangle/chevron shape with one light at each point of the three points which did not blink, as most aircraft running lights do.
2Small lights on a motor vehicle that remain illuminated while the vehicle is running.
- The headlights when used through heavy fogs usually produce glare so it's better to turn them off and use the fog lights and the running lights instead.
- Also housed in the lights' polycarbonate enclosures are the parking lights, side-turn markers and daytime running lights.
- Check all of the running lights, lenses, brake lights, and turn signals.
Definition of running lights in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan