- 1 another term for navigation lights.More example sentences
- The team headed out in total darkness - no running lights, no navigation lights - only night vision goggles and the glow of phosphorescent plankton in their bow wake to guide them.
- Hunter's plight was reported to the Coast Guard who promptly put out a radio broadcast of a dog sailing north ‘without running lights.’
- The craft had a triangle/chevron shape with one light at each point of the three points which did not blink, as most aircraft running lights do.
- 2Small lights on a motor vehicle that remain illuminated while the vehicle is running.More example sentences
- The headlights when used through heavy fogs usually produce glare so it's better to turn them off and use the fog lights and the running lights instead.
- Also housed in the lights' polycarbonate enclosures are the parking lights, side-turn markers and daytime running lights.
- Check all of the running lights, lenses, brake lights, and turn signals.
More definitions of running lightsDefinition of running lights in:
- The US English dictionary