- Minor or temporary repairs carried out on machinery while it is in use.More example sentences
- ‘Engineers do not build collapsing structures or exploding machinery then call it a bug and carry out running repairs until the next attempt,’ he notes acidly.
- At present contractors are attempting to carry out running repairs during the normal night closure and at weekends but this is causing problems as the work overruns cause chaos in the morning rush hour.
- The men from Rochdale Fire Station's White Watch heard of the impending disaster and they nipped round to the Newbold, school to carry out running repairs to the pond and then fill it up.
More definitions of running repairsDefinition of running repairs in:
- The US English dictionary