- A simple needlework stitch consisting of a line of small even stitches which run back and forth through the cloth without overlapping: trousers with contrast running stitch [count noun]: a quilt with motifs sketched in tiny running stitchesMore example sentences
- For hand appliqué, outline the flowers and leaves with three strands of embroidery floss using a backstitch, running stitch or stem stitch.
- The stitches need some consideration and the contemporary ones were: stem-stitch, outline-stitch, threaded running-stitch, running stitch, split-stitch, chain-stitch, couching, and surface couching.
- Leaving a long yarn tail at each end, use the tapestry needle, yarn and a 3/8' long running stitch to stitch the pillow front to the back 2' from the edges, leaving a 4' opening in one edge center.
More definitions of running stitchDefinition of running stitch in:
- The US English dictionary