adjective (runnier, runniest)
1More liquid than is usual or expected: the soufflé was hard on top and quite runny underneath
More example sentences
- Visitors were given the possibility of pressing the button to transform the fish into a runny liquid.
- The burgers are so flat they look like they've been run over by a Mack truck: thin patties, thin buns, thin slices of cheese and a thin runny sauce with meat bits in it.
- I think a bit of heat helps a lot of cheese, and nothing can beat a runny Raclette, or melting Fontina or Reblochon over hot buttery potato slices that have caught slightly.
2(Of a person’s nose) producing or discharging mucus.
- I just looked up the symptoms of cat flu - which are sneezing, a runny nose and discharge from the eyes.
- I am six months pregnant and I'm suffering badly from nasal congestion and a runny nose (with clear mucus).
- Your sinus cavities produce mucus to help expel viruses, so a runny nose is actually desirable.
Words that rhyme with runnybunny, dunny, funny, gunny, honey, money, sonny, sunny, tunny
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: runny
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.