- The basic monetary unit of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Mauritius, and the Seychelles, equal to 100 paise in India, Pakistan, and Nepal, and 100 cents in Sri Lanka, Mauritius, and the Seychelles.More example sentences
- A more telling index of the progress of the War on Terror is the exchange rate between the dollar and the Pakistani rupee.
- Some of the screen printing units have received orders worth crores of rupees.
- Annually there is a loss of crores of rupees, only because dead bodies are cremated in India.
via Hindi from Sanskrit rūpya 'wrought silver'.
More definitions of rupeeDefinition of rupee in:
- The US English dictionary