- A Eurasian grass which is a valuable fodder and lawn grass.
More example sentences
- Genus Lolium, family Gramineae: several species, in particular L. perenne
- Perennial ryegrass is a bunch grass suitable for hay, silage, or pasture.
- In this region, cool-season grasses such as fine fescue, Kentucky bluegrass and turf-type perennial ryegrass thrive.
- Tall fescue and perennial ryegrass are more resistant than bluegrass and Bermuda.
early 18th century: alteration of obsolete ray-grass, of unknown origin.
More definitions of ryegrassDefinition of ryegrass in:
- The US English dictionary