noun (plural same or ryus)
- A Japanese school or style of art: training schools, or ryu, encouraged children to engage in games stressing agility and balance there were some 400 different ryus, or sword-fighting styles, officially cataloguedMore example sentences
- Tamiya ryu is an earlier style than ours, but is considered to be part of our line of development.
- I began to search for something deeper; this led me to look at several different jujutsu ryus, but none of them seem to fit what I looked for.
- I have added the footwork that is used by the Shinkage ryu style of swordsmanship into the techniques taught in Aikido Yuishinkai.
More definitions of ryuDefinition of ryu in:
- The US English dictionary