- another term for sugar ( sense 2 of the noun).More example sentences
- In fact, defatted soy flour is of great importance in the diabetic diet because its starchy contents and saccharides are low and therefore well suited to diabetic patients.
- Today, saccharides can be found in supplements and foods, such as edible fungi, breast milk, certain fruits and vegetables, whole grains, roots and plants.
- A common feature of cryptobiotic processes is the production of large amounts of saccharides triggered by the detection of stressful conditions.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin saccharum 'sugar' + -ide.
More definitions of saccharideDefinition of saccharide in:
- The US English dictionary