(also sacrament of penance)
- (Chiefly in the Roman Catholic Church) the practice of private confession of sins to a priest and the receiving of absolution.More example sentences
- But the sacrament of reconciliation, conceivably the most relevant comfort the church can provide prisoners, is not available where priests are absent.
- Despite evidence that fewer Catholics partake of the sacrament of reconciliation, I have observed that virtually all in attendance at Mass receive the Eucharist.
- Those who are conscious of being in a state of grave sin should avail themselves of the sacrament of reconciliation before coming to Holy Communion.
More definitions of sacrament of reconciliationDefinition of sacrament of reconciliation in:
- The US English dictionary