Definition of sacrilegious in English:
Involving or committing sacrilege: a sacrilegious act it seems sacrilegious to say this, but it’s really not that great a film
More example sentences
- Everything I do seems meaningless, sacrilegious, profane.
- Is spreading the Dhamma electronically sacrilegious?
- It was at once the most sacrilegious and yet mystic moment many of them had ever experienced.
- Example sentences
- In the cavernous inside of the old church punters are sacrilegiously swilling breezers and spirits underneath the enormous pulpit from which fire and brimstone used to spit.
- His current fixations are his latest, sacrilegiously monikered band, The New Beatles (their namesakes were bigger than Jesus, weren't they?).
- Even the richly embroidered crimson tapestry on which Agamemnon sacrilegiously treads is at best suitable for cutting up into dishcloths.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan