Involving or committing sacrilege: a sacrilegious act it seems sacrilegious to say this, but it’s really not that great a film
More example sentences
- Everything I do seems meaningless, sacrilegious, profane.
- Is spreading the Dhamma electronically sacrilegious?
- It was at once the most sacrilegious and yet mystic moment many of them had ever experienced.
- More example sentences
- In the cavernous inside of the old church punters are sacrilegiously swilling breezers and spirits underneath the enormous pulpit from which fire and brimstone used to spit.
- His current fixations are his latest, sacrilegiously monikered band, The New Beatles (their namesakes were bigger than Jesus, weren't they?).
- Even the richly embroidered crimson tapestry on which Agamemnon sacrilegiously treads is at best suitable for cutting up into dishcloths.