noun• informal , chiefly US
- An inept blundering person.More example sentences
- But very few of them are about sad sacks who wallow in misery and empty calories until Prince Charming comes along.
- Recent surveys portray consumers as a bunch of economic sad sacks, their confidence draining month after month.
- First up is Kevin James, star of televisions King of Queens, who plays the sad sack accountant who needs all the help he can get to get up the nerve to approach the girl of his dreams.
More definitions of sad sackDefinition of sad sack in:
- The US English dictionary