1Each of a pair of bags attached behind the saddle on a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle.
- I ditched the first saddlebag at the White Horse in Exford, Somerset, the second at Raleghs Cross Inn in the Brendon hills.
- Feeling rested, Rossiter packed up his belongings in his saddlebag and mounted his horse.
- He ate a piece of bread that was placed in his saddlebag and gave the horse a carrot.
1.1 (saddlebags) US informal Excess fat around the hips and thighs.
- After only 7 weeks, REMI helped Amy rid off all the body fat, cellulite and saddlebags she had been struggling to lose.
- These are the outer thighs - where the bulges are known as saddlebags - the inner thighs and the buttocks.
- She was moderately overweight but no where near obese and the excess showed in her chubby cheeks and small saddlebags.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: saddle|bag
Definition of saddlebag in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.