The tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others: beneath the apparent loving concern she had glimpsed spite and sadism
More example sentences
- They include auto-mutilation of her genitals with a razor, voyeurism, taking sexual pleasure in urination, sadism, and masochism.
- This showed that CPA was an effective agent in the treatment of very severe paraphilias, in this case sexual sadism and pedophilia that resulted in a sexually motivated homicide.
- Yet this scenario of male sadism and necrophiliac fetishism, this duality of adoration and humiliation does not feel quite right.
- More example sentences
- Jeffrey Dahmer was not a sadist, necrophiliac and cannibal who preyed on 16 children and young males ‘in a vacuum’.
- The most dangerous type of rapist is the sexual sadist.
- There is a world of difference between animals tortured and killed for the pleasure of sadists, and animals stunned (which the law requires) and killed for food.