noun (plural safaris)
- An expedition to observe or hunt animals in their natural habitat, especially in East Africa: one week on safariMore example sentences
- Aside from numerous scuba diving opportunities, camel expeditions, jeep safaris, and mountain treks, silk route boat trips are available.
- Beneath the trees, the vegetation is sparse - an ideal habitat for walking safaris.
- The endangered Arabian oryx has been reintroduced to the fenced park here, and a team of rangers takes guests on dawn nature walks, horse-riding safaris and sunset camel rides.
late 19th century: from Kiswahili, from Arabic safara 'to travel'.
More definitions of safariDefinition of safari in:
- The US English dictionary