- 1A place of refuge or security.More example sentences
- When hostilities began, people piled out of shares and invested in bonds on the grounds that government-backed securities offered a safe haven.
- The Alliance was a soft (or, depending on your point of view) sensible centre, a safe haven between extremes of monetarism and unilateral disarmament.
- More immediately, if we fail to act, no one can predict how far interest rates will rise or whether or when foreign investors will lose confidence in U.S. securities as a safe haven.
More definitions of safe havenDefinition of safe haven in:
- The US English dictionary