- Preservation in a safe place: she’d put her wedding ring in her purse for safekeepingMore example sentences
- You are given the ‘diamonds’ for safe keeping in return you are requested to hand over something of value like a cellphone, or Hi-Fi as a guarantee while the transaction will be concluded in a couple of days.
- The security guards let me keep my shoelaces but I couldn't be trusted with my Swiss Army Knife. It was taken away for safe keeping by one of the ubiquitous jolly volunteers, all of whom are dressed in shorts and brightly coloured polo shirts.
- In its ruling, postponing the election date, the judge ordered that a million surplus ballot papers be held in safe keeping by the court to prevent the misuse of ballot papers likely to influence the outcome of the election.
More definitions of safekeepingDefinition of safekeeping in:
- The US English dictionary