- A chain fitted for security purposes, especially on a door, watch, or piece of jewellery.More example sentences
- The couple's grandson Michael, 22, who lives with them but was at work when the villains struck at about 3.45 pm last Friday, has now installed a safety chain and new locks because the door keys were in the purse.
- I think you're taking this a little too far, I mean locking me out with the safety chain?
- Her indecision replaced by purpose, Libby cracked the door open to the allowed gap by the safety chain.
More definitions of safety chainDefinition of safety chain in:
- The US English dictionary