- A fireproof curtain that can be lowered between the stage and the main part of a theatre to prevent the spread of fire.More example sentences
- She is currently working on a commission for the Colosseum theatre in London, designing the safety curtain and doing marbling effects on the panels in the boxes.
- Which does beg the question - if it's a stage, where is the safety curtain?
- As the Prologue ended and the safety curtain closed with an unarguable mechanical finality behind the ranked audience at the front of the stage, I felt a shiver of entrapment.
More definitions of safety curtainDefinition of safety curtain in:
- The US English dictionary