- 1 [mass noun] Glass that has been toughened or laminated so that it is less likely to splinter when broken.More example sentences
- The boxes are display cabinets, and are made of three layers of laminated glass: two sheets of partially toughened safety glass sandwich an inner leaf of the toughened material.
- There were concerns that the toughened laminated safety glass would prove slippy for small, stockinged feet.
- Paragon Glass Industries, for example, makes Naturalam decorative laminated safety glass using natural wood interlayers.
- 2 (safety glasses) Toughened glasses or goggles for protecting the eyes when using power tools or industrial or laboratory equipment.More example sentences
- Remember to wear safety glasses, glass gloves, and a light cost to protect your arms from getting cut.
- A few items you should have are gloves, boots, safety glasses / goggles, and wear old clothes in case bleach comes in contact with them.
- Protect your eyes from gypsum dust by wearing safety glasses or goggles.
More definitions of safety glassDefinition of safety glass in:
- The US English dictionary