Definition of safety glass in English:
1 [mass noun] Glass that has been toughened or laminated so that it is less likely to splinter when broken.
- The boxes are display cabinets, and are made of three layers of laminated glass: two sheets of partially toughened safety glass sandwich an inner leaf of the toughened material.
- There were concerns that the toughened laminated safety glass would prove slippy for small, stockinged feet.
- Paragon Glass Industries, for example, makes Naturalam decorative laminated safety glass using natural wood interlayers.
2 (safety glasses) Toughened glasses or goggles for protecting the eyes when using power tools or industrial or laboratory equipment.
- Remember to wear safety glasses, glass gloves, and a light cost to protect your arms from getting cut.
- A few items you should have are gloves, boots, safety glasses / goggles, and wear old clothes in case bleach comes in contact with them.
- Protect your eyes from gypsum dust by wearing safety glasses or goggles.
Definition of safety glass in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia