- 1A net placed to catch an acrobat or similar performer in case of a fall.More example sentences
- But the cliff under me crumbled away beneath me, and I fell without a safety net there to catch me.
- This new building is very close to the road and very high with no fencing around it or a safety net to catch anything that might fall.
- Tiger's branch was then cut off, while the SPCA waited below with a safety net to catch her.
- 1.1A safeguard against possible hardship or adversity: a safety net for workers who lose their jobsMore example sentences
- The spreading recession has exposed gaping holes in the safety net for workers and the poor.
- Workers have seen the standard of living, the social safety net, and wages decline over the last thirty years.
- They see us as do-nothing union workers who want a cushy safety net so we can suck off the government.
More definitions of safety netDefinition of safety net in:
- The US English dictionary