- Salvia officinalis, family Labiatae
- Other culinary herbs, like sage, rosemary and thyme, are native to Mediterranean regions where the air is rather temperate and dry.
- The best culinary sage is native to southern Europe.
- Mediterranean herbs such as sage (salvia officianalis) are hardy and tasty plants.
- In our southern California garden Mexican sage thrives so well that we bind it with twine so it grows up where the hummingbirds get to it easier.
- Wood sage will do well in full sun or light shade.
- ● An aromatic plant which was formerly burnt by the Cheyenne for its cleansing properties and as an incense (Artemisia ludoviciana, family Compositae). ● A plant of the goosefoot family (Krascheninnikovia lanata, family Chenopodiaceae).
- Attract hummingbirds by planting Mexican bush sage, pineapple sage, and beebalm.
- This area is lightly vegetated with juniper, pine, sage, and grasses.
- Cleveland and white sage, creosote bush and brittlebush, pine and redwood, for instance, are filled with resins and release their scents on warm afternoons.
Middle English: from Old French sauge, from Latin salvia 'healing plant', from salvus 'safe'.
Words that rhyme with sageage, assuage, backstage, cage, downstage, engage, enrage, gage, gauge, mage, multistage, offstage, onstage, Osage, page, Paige, rage, rampage, stage, swage, under-age, upstage, wage
- Sen Tetsu So Dan: the first two characters mean a great thinker, a wise man, a sage in ancient times, while the third means a group, or a collection.
- As a young materialist it mattered to me that we too have our ancient texts, our saints and sages, wise men and good news.
- Well, many sages and wise men over the years have recommended the mountain top.
adjectiveBack to top
- Quite naturally from his advanced age of 24 he feels he can already look back on his own youth and offer sage advice and profound wisdom to his parents who are still raising his younger teenage brother.
- He then continues to give him very sage, wise advice regarding governing wisely.
- Adams analyzed this behavior with sage remarks regarding trace elements and essential dietary supplements.
- sageness noun
- Example sentences
- One guess is that he conveyed a sageness, a discernment about life that people could easily sense.
- Alfred is Wayne's butler and surrogate father, and a typical piece of silver-service sageness goes like this: ‘You start pretending to have fun, Master Wayne, you might even have a little by accident.’
Middle English (as an adjective): from Old French, from Latin sapere 'be wise'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.