- A polite title or form of address for a man: the Doctor SahibMore example sentences
- We come to know how the white sahibs started the earlier plantations.
- Also, we're one of the few stand alone eateries in India to offer lobsters and crabs which was important because the burra sahibs were partial to them!
- In their race to realise the more-or-less elusive American dream, the characters come across as study cases or automatons, caught in the fast-forward gear to become suburban sahibs.
Urdu, via Persian from Arabic ṣāḥib 'friend, lord'.
More definitions of sahibDefinition of sahib in:
- The US English dictionary