- Instructions to the captain of a vessel regarding such matters as time of departure and destination.More example sentences
- She still reached her convoy rendezvous in Loch Ewe on time, but while waiting for sailing orders lost her starboard anchor when the cable snapped.
- Boarding the 30,000-ton battleship Warspite, he left behind him sealed sailing orders that the fleet put to sea.
- It is the second time in six months that a ‘suburban skipper’ has been given his sailing orders.
More definitions of sailing ordersDefinition of sailing orders in:
- The US English dictionary