noun (plural salarymen)
- (Especially in Japan) a white-collar worker: dark-suited masses of salarymen crossed the intersection like instinct-blinded salmonMore example sentences
- The streets were filled with the hustle and bustle of late afternoon as the office workers and salarymen flooded from their buildings onto the streets.
- Critics claim putting the clocks forward would force Japan's notoriously workaholic salarymen to spend more time in the office.
- Kimono-clad women stand outside sushi bars and karaoke joints, beckoning salarymen to come inside.
More definitions of salarymanDefinition of salaryman in:
- The US English dictionary