- The ritual prayer of Muslims, performed five times daily in a set form, one of the Five Pillars of Islam.More example sentences
- If we do not perform our salat or sacrifice or hajj correctly, mere good intentions will not make them right.
- For practitioners, the most essential tenet of Islam is the purification of the soul through prayers, known as salat, five times each day.
- The second pillar, salat, consists of ritual prayers said five times each day while facing toward Mecca, Mohammed's birthplace.
Arabic, plural of salāh 'prayer, worship'.
More definitions of salatDefinition of salat in:
- The US English dictionary