noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound related to aspirin, used as a bronchodilator in the treatment of asthma and other conditions involving constriction of the airways.More example sentences
- Moreover, we examined the effectiveness of fluticasone for preventing the development of subsensitivity to bronchodilator effects of salbutamol after regular inhaled salmeterol.
- Therefore, we evaluated the effects of the inhalation of lidocaine, salbutamol, lidocaine and salbutamol combined, and placebo on an inhalational histamine challenge.
- Lung function was measured before and after treatment with salbutamol (known as albuterol in the United States), with the individual responses correlated to the sequence of variations found in discrete regions of a person's DNA.
1960s: from sal(icylic acid) + but(yl) + am(ine) + -ol.
More definitions of salbutamolDefinition of salbutamol in:
- The US English dictionary