- A jump in figure skating from the backward inside edge of one skate to the backward outside edge of the other, with one or more full turns in the air.More example sentences
- Timothy Goebel is the first to land multiple quad jumps in a single exercise, with two quadruple salchows and a quadruple toe loop at the 2001 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
- I decide to practice my axels, flips, salchows and lutzes.
- They are currently doing side-by-side triple toe loops and triple salchows and throw triple loop and triple salchow in this year's programs.
early 20th century: named after Ulrich Salchow (1877–1949), Swedish skater.
More definitions of salchowDefinition of salchow in:
- The US English dictionary