(US also salable)
Definition of saleable in English:
Fit or able to be sold: their leading scorer is another highly saleable asset the publicity made his work more saleable
More example sentences
- According to one leading industry source, the best prospect for Glanbia now is to sell off its saleable assets as soon as possible and revert to the co-operative status.
- It would be nice to have the players we've had this season as your own, not only to work with but also so you have saleable assets.
- In a bid to raise revenue for the exchequer, from the sale of State owned properties the Government has initiated studies to identify potential saleable assets around the country.
- Example sentences
- Gershwin never wanted to publish the work, although he did hand out private copies to string-playing friends, and because of Gershwin's name and saleability, someone finally did publish it.
- Well, saleability's very important - for instance if it's a fantastic company but it has never had an exposure in London - but if it's good enough we'll do it.
- There was little, for instance, that could be done about local house prices and house saleability.
Definition of saleable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.