(US also salable)
Definition of saleable in English:
Fit or able to be sold: their leading scorer is another highly saleable asset the publicity made his work more saleable
More example sentences
- According to one leading industry source, the best prospect for Glanbia now is to sell off its saleable assets as soon as possible and revert to the co-operative status.
- It would be nice to have the players we've had this season as your own, not only to work with but also so you have saleable assets.
- In a bid to raise revenue for the exchequer, from the sale of State owned properties the Government has initiated studies to identify potential saleable assets around the country.
- Example sentences
- Gershwin never wanted to publish the work, although he did hand out private copies to string-playing friends, and because of Gershwin's name and saleability, someone finally did publish it.
- Well, saleability's very important - for instance if it's a fantastic company but it has never had an exposure in London - but if it's good enough we'll do it.
- There was little, for instance, that could be done about local house prices and house saleability.
Definition of saleable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan