Definition of salesman in English:
noun (plural salesmen)
A man whose job involves selling or promoting commercial products, either in a shop or visiting locations to get orders: an insurance salesman
More example sentences
- Insurance companies in particular train their salesmen to sell policies to friends and relatives.
- Typically, the shares of the new megabank will be sold worldwide, allowing salesmen in every corner of the globe to get a cut.
- Somehow, it seemed that one of their salesmen was selling far more glass than any of the other members of the sales force.
- Example sentences
- From the beginning, Zacharia showed a grasp of the market, great salesmanship, and a willingness to fight.
- Through aggressive salesmanship, the opening of a new store in Minneapolis, and a refinement of his catalog mailing list, Kellerhals had managed to boost sales by 25%.
- Douglas Canning knew that starting a company would require leadership and salesmanship.
Words that rhyme with salesmansalesmen
Definition of salesman in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan