noun (plural saleswomen)
- A woman whose job involves selling or promoting commercial products: a saleswoman came out from behind the counter and asked if she could help an institutional equities saleswomanMore example sentences
- Despite their sometimes unseemly reputation, car salesmen and saleswomen know how to sell.
- Cashing in on the opportunity, a saleswoman was busy touting the shop's products, even offering to help the teenagers with the nail polish.
- A travelling saleswoman for a company in Bradford, the mother-of-two has clocked up 70,000 miles over three years in her Renault Scenic company car.
More definitions of saleswomanDefinition of saleswoman in:
- The US English dictionary