noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the fallopian tubes.More example sentences
- Endometritis and salpingitis are thought to be components of pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease comprises a variety of inflammatory disorders of the upper female genital tract, including endometritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and pelvic peritonitis.
- He also postulated that C trachomatis was a cause of pelvic inflammatory disease after noting that mothers whose babies had chlamydial ophthalmia neonatorum had symptoms of salpingitis.
More definitions of salpingitisDefinition of salpingitis in:
- The US English dictionary