- Areas of flat land covered with a layer of salt.More example sentences
- Overnight, the rising of the water table beneath the salt flats meant that large areas - which had previously been usable - became marshy.
- In the early spring, flamingos land on the salt flats while in the autumn, the Cypriots celebrate the harvest of the vines with a wine festival.
- However, most modern evaporites form in shallow-water marine lagoons or on wide coastal salt flats, and this prompted some geologists to argue that all evaporites were of shallow-water origin.
More definitions of salt flatsDefinition of salt flats in:
- The US English dictionary