A salt-tolerant orache plant sometimes used in the reclamation of saline soils or to provide grazing in areas of salty soil.
- Genus Atriplex, family Chenopodiaceae: several species, in particular the Australian A. vesicaria
More example sentences
- New flora grew on the shore: Desert scrub, creosote bush, saltbush, and tamarisk.
- The saltbush Atriplex halimus is a chenopodiaceous plant well adapted to dry saline habitats and widely distributed in the Mediterranean Basin.
- A fruit commonly consumed by Silvereyes is the small, polymorphic berry (red, yellow, or white) of the fragrant saltbush.
More definitions of saltbushDefinition of saltbush in:
- The US English dictionary