- A large and dangerous crocodile occurring in estuaries and coastal waters from SW India to northern Australia.
More example sentences
- Crocodylus porosus, family Crocodylidae
- Caught disturbing residents of Wyndham, Western Australia, a saltwater crocodile is restrained for shipment to a park.
- Seven farms operate in Australia's Northern Territory, raising saltwater crocodiles from hatchlings and selling their skin and meat.
- Unlike saltwater crocodiles, freshwater crocodiles generally do not pose a threat to humans.
More definitions of saltwater crocodileDefinition of saltwater crocodile in:
- The US English dictionary