- (Chiefly in Italy) a shop specializing in cooked and cured meats, cheeses, and other prepared foods; a delicatessen: mortadella occupies pride of place in any salumeriaMore example sentences
- The slices of prosciutto, salami, and dried beef and the small chunks of fresh Parmesan betray a connection to a good salumeria.
- I'd settled into Cafe 2000 because it was at the intersection of a busy shopping street, with a good view of the sort of grocery stores and salumerias that the local people shop at.
- The salumeria is now a Japanese restaurant; across the street are a Polish deli and a Spanish restaurant.
Italian, from salume 'salted meat'.
More definitions of salumeriaDefinition of salumeria in:
- The US English dictionary