- 1Preservation or deliverance from harm, ruin, or loss: they try to sell it to us as economic salvationMore example sentences
- Can we somehow get ourselves to consume our way to economic salvation?
- The more entrepreneurial found economic salvation in self-employment.
- What a disappointment for those who pin their hopes for political salvation on economic failure!
- 1.1 (one's salvation) A source or means of being saved from harm, ruin, or loss: his only salvation was to outfly the enemyMore example sentences
- Luckily, a phone call to Tim's sister proved to be our salvation.
- Again, he points to the mobile phone as his salvation.
- I was horrible at math - failing math all the time. My only salvation and my only release to feel good about myself was art.
- 2 Theology Deliverance from sin and its consequences, believed by Christians to be brought about by faith in Christ: the Christian gospel of salvation for all mankindMore example sentences
- Christ died for sin, but His death brings no salvation from sin apart from faith.
- There are many who believe in salvation by works, and not by faith alone in Christ alone.
- In this article I hope to show that with love and a Christlike heart we can reach young people with the gospel that brings salvation.
Middle English: from Old French salvacion, from ecclesiastical Latin salvation- (from salvare 'to save'), translating Greek sōtēria.