- A widely distributed plant of a genus including the sages, especially (in gardening) a bedding plant cultivated for its spikes of bright flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Salvia, family Labiatae: many species, in particular the scarlet-flowered S. splendens
- Fill containers with herbs, such as oregano, trailing rosemary, salvias, or thyme.
- Bright red salvias, phlox, anthurium and balsam flower in profusion in neat rows, and no wonder Thangam won the first prize for her garden.
- Replace fading cool-season annuals with heat lovers like celosias, dahlias, marigolds, petunias, salvias, and verbenas.
modern Latin, from Latin salvia 'sage'.
More definitions of salviaDefinition of salvia in:
- The US English dictionary