(also samaan, saman tree)
- West Indian term for rain tree.More example sentences
- We hiked up steep switchbacks between ancient samaan and banyan trees and clambered down gullies where razor grass spikes up high along the trail and mango and cashew trees form a fruitful canopy.
- SAMANEA SAMAN is a truly noble tropical tree. It has a sturdy, smooth, pale grey trunk mostly divided near its base into a few hefty branches that grow almost horizontally to support its monstrous parasol canopy.
- Heading into the garden behind here, underneath the enormous saman tree, whose massive branches are furred with philodendrons and hanging with vines, you come to a swimming pool.
Latin American Spanish.
More definitions of samanDefinition of saman in:
- The US English dictionary