Definition of samey in English:
adjective (samier, samiest)British informal
Lacking in variety; monotonous: dance music all sounds rather samey to me
More example sentences
- Unlike the beer, the background music is too samey (slick and bland ambient and dance sounds, albeit pretty unobtrusive).
- The difference culturally has also been very interesting, and at times we would have to admit that African food has been at best a bit samey!
- Tim has little time for supermarkets because they are ‘getting very samey in what they sell’.
- sameyness noun
- Example sentences
- For years bookselling in this country was the antithesis of samey but as Waterstone's became a massive corporate presence they started consolidating their business bringing in elements of sameyness.
- For the most part these aren't radical reworkings, although the omnipresent parping horns and hammering keys at times mean the sound approaches showband-esque sameyness, and a couple of tracks are marred by ham-fisted editing.
- Downers? How could there be downers? But maybe the clichéd plot, the tedium, the mind-numbing sameyness about the whole game could be considered a downer.
Words that rhyme with sameyAmy, cockamamie, flamy, gamy, Jamie, Mamie
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.