- A highly decorated tea urn used in Russia.More example sentences
- Three types of tea - nun chai, kehwa or mughil chai and doodhi kehwa or metha kehwa - are usually prepared in a samovar, a jug-like vessel with a funnel in the middle.
- We all assembled in the kitchen, gulping down cups of tea from the samovar as none of us could really stomach any food, and Olga couldn't stomach making anything either.
- Visitors who made purchases were entitled to enter the drawing to win bicycles, shoes, coats, musical instruments, gramophones, cosmetics, samovars, and other prizes.
Russian, literally 'self-boiler'.
More definitions of samovarDefinition of samovar in:
- The US English dictionary