A flattened sea urchin which lives partly buried in sand, feeding on detritus.
- Order Clypeasteroida, class Echinoidea
More example sentences
- This study examines skeleton remodelling and resorption in larvae of the common sand dollar Echinarachnius parma and the green sea urchin Strongylocentrotus droebachiensis.
- Scattered on the cloth are pinecones and seashells, a sand dollar, a starfish, a sea urchin.
- The number of fresh grains encountered by the barrel-tipped podia can be dramatically increased by increasing the width of the test, relative to the overall size of the sand dollar.
Definition of sand dollar in:
- The US English dictionary