Definition of sand shark in English:
1A voracious brown-spotted shark of tropical Atlantic waters.
- Odontaspis taurus, family Odontaspididae
- We hooked much bigger fish than we landed and I think sharks are a possibility here, probably hammerheads and sand sharks.
- A fourteen-year-old girl who had a chunk taken from her foot and leg while swimming in the Atlantic apparently was attacked by a sand shark, authorities said.
1.1Any of a number of mainly harmless rays, dogfish, and sharks found in shallow coastal waters.
- It's amazing what comes up in those traps besides lobster - sculpin, dogfish (northern sand sharks), hermit crabs, seaweed, and scallop weed (also known as lemon weed).
- Sandy bottom has sand sharks, bat rays, sting rays, corbina, angel sharks, sole, turbot, tube anemones, and clams.
Definition of sand shark in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan