1A voracious brown-spotted shark of tropical Atlantic waters.
- Odontaspis taurus, family Odontaspididae
- We hooked much bigger fish than we landed and I think sharks are a possibility here, probably hammerheads and sand sharks.
- A fourteen-year-old girl who had a chunk taken from her foot and leg while swimming in the Atlantic apparently was attacked by a sand shark, authorities said.
1.1Any of a number of mainly harmless rays, dogfish, and sharks found in shallow coastal waters.
- It's amazing what comes up in those traps besides lobster - sculpin, dogfish (northern sand sharks), hermit crabs, seaweed, and scallop weed (also known as lemon weed).
- Sandy bottom has sand sharks, bat rays, sting rays, corbina, angel sharks, sole, turbot, tube anemones, and clams.
Definition of sand shark in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.